Helping Kids Grow Self-Esteem and Sportsmanship
VIVO Fencing Club offers on-site after-school fencing programs in schools around the Greater Boston area. So far, we’ve engaged several schools in the Massachusetts area with great success, including Saint Michael School, Spofford Pond School and Proctor Elementary School.
The After School Program is designed to ease students into the complex sport of fencing. Fencing equipment is provided by the club; all that students require are sneakers and appropriate gym wear (t-shirt and long gym pants — not shorts). And though fencing is actually one of the world’s safest sports, we place great emphasis on explaining fencing step-by-step and maintaining a perfect safety record.
The benefits of an after-school program at your school include giving your students:
- A sense of good sportsmanship and honor
- Peak physical fitness and a respect for maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- An understanding of how to analyze complex problems make split-second decisions
- Respect for both fair competition and for other people
- An understanding of how to win gracefully and how to profit from defeat
- A strong sense of self-esteem and self-worth
Fencing invariably helps to resolve many of the challenges with which children struggle. We repeatedly see children who are unfit, unfocused and unmotivated blossom into strong, capable and dutiful young people. Even more significantly, fencing is one of the few sports that offer students a clear scholarship pathway to the best universities in the world.
If you’d like bring this opportunity to your school, please contact us for additional information and dates.